Redwood Empire Food Bank
Santa Rosa, CA
Project type: Renovation/Non-profit
Project budget: $10.9M
Project size: 60,000 sq. ft.
Project schedule: Completed April 2013
Client: Redwood Empire Food Bank
Having outgrown their current facilities, the Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB) purchased a 60,000 sq. ft. warehouse building in Santa Rosa, which required extensive complex renovations. LHC successfully assisted REFB from beginning to end—selecting the team, guiding them through myriad decisions, and establishing and managing the project budget and schedule.
As with all non-profit organizations, we established a process for decision-making that appropriately engaged the Building Committee and Board of Directors, keeping them well-informed and allowing the team to stay on track to meet the project’s design, budget and schedule goals. Late in the process external circumstances created unforeseen budget and schedule challenges. LHC managed late value engineering measures in order to meet a reduction in the construction budget of 30%. Working very closely with the general contractor and architect, LHC helped to strategize construction and move-in activities in order to overcome the schedule challenges and to meet the client’s deadlines. The project came in on budget and the client moved in on time.
- Coordinate general contractor and consultant RFP process and selection
- Coordinate/manage programming, design, documentation and construction phases
- Develop and manage project budget and schedule
- Oversee the entitlement process
- Liaise to government agencies
- Coordinate and conduct Building Committee meetings
- Provide monthly updates to the Board of Directors; attend Board meetings as required